FAQ   Suche   Mitglieder   Links   Impressum & DSGVO 

1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.rc-micro.de Foren-Übersicht -> Bits und Zubehör
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
TeamBonzer

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 21:32    Titel: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

HI

Sorry no German skills: English only.

Here you can see my short review of the new Metl-Tech Racers. They will be launched soon in the USA (radio frequency licence only for USA at the moment)

Very nice car, Sinned (Dennis) will like the chassis - it will take true 1/64th die cast shells without modification.

The only bad thing is the price ($60USD+), but it is real improvement on the ZZ SE or any other micro car I have tested.

Here is the link

Metl Tech Racers

Cheers

TB

Zuletzt bearbeitet von TeamBonzer am 24.11.2004, 16:42, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
08-15

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 21:39    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Thanks for the Review...
Sounds very interesting!

Hmm, mal'n bisschen gewühlt...
Antenne intern,digital-propo, z.B. 21-Stufen Lenkung, Scale, Bit-Größe...
Da scheint wieder was Bombiges auf uns zu zu kommen!

Quote:
Specifications:

Pocket-size models of popular cars for indoor use

Variable (digital-proportional) steering and speed control

Challenge racing with the possibility of 8 cars competing together (by using simple selector switch, no additional parts required)

Interchangeable bodies (primarily licensed/authorized styles) for each basic chassis

Basic chassis initially include a street / sports car, racecar and SUV with more to follow

Greater than 30 minutes run time on one charge

Collectable die cast bodies and plastic racing styled bodies will be introduced yearly.
Collector Edition

The Pocket Racer XS is a new generation of indoor racers. This high tech electro-mechanical design allowed us to build the worlds first miniature indoor r/c racers. The unique high frequency transmitter sends data to the vehicle to precisely control steering and speed.

The high capacity Lithium IP battery powers the car for 30 minutes (highway) or up to one hour (city driving).

These vehicles are true scale models of full size cars. Each Pocket RacerXS Collector's Edition is complete with a full function radio controller/ transmitter, battery and recharger, fully assembled and ready to race! Transmitter requires 3 x AAA batteries.

Available options include collectable die cast and rigid plastic bodies. Pocket Racer Collector Edition (available in 3 versions -- see below)

Each version includes: vehicle chassis, car body, controller/transmitter, rechargeable battery, battery charger/display case and AC power adapter

Vehicles/Chassis -- sold separately

XP-1 Performance Sports and Specialty cars

XR-1 Race Cars - Designed for speed

XS-1 SUV - Extra torque and off road tires

(Homepage des Herstellers: www.xxap.com )

Teppich FTW!

Nadelfilz #1623 Driver

Zuletzt bearbeitet von 08-15 am 23.11.2004, 21:59, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tagesdosis_dlt
RC-Enthusiast
RC-Enthusiast

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 21:54    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

holy shit, holy shit, holy shit,...

HABEN WILL!!! (i HAVE to own one of these)
Admin
Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 22:00    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Realy nice

Kommt mir natürlich auch ins Haus. Hoffe, er hält was er verspricht, wär mal ne Alternative zu Yoko, Keyence und Co.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Gulliver
RC-Fan
RC-Fan

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 22:02    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

They are to good to be true I hope you don't playing tricks on us, are you ?
Just kidding - I really like the design - and they look like "MUST HAVE" .
To only disturbing thing - for me - is the Battery ! I would like them more if they come with NiMh's instead of Lipoly's.

Anyway - keep us informed !

P.S. After seeing pictures of the controller - nice design for aliens a more humanlike controller is needed.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Gulliver am 23.11.2004, 22:22, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
TeamBonzer

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 22:04    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Quote:
holy shit, holy shit, holy shit,...

HABEN WILL!!! (i HAVE to own one of these)

Seeing as you clearly speak english: The only down side I can see with these cars at the moment is the TX (transmitter). It is a very nice thing to hold and use, but I have found it difficult when racing.

Ken Scott from XAPP has said that in earlier prototypes they just used standard (trigger and wheel) TX's with their workings inside.

I think that a different TX will be needed for racing.

Cheers

TB
08-15

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 22:04    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Das einzige, was mir etwas komisch vorkommt, ist die FB...
Der Schieberegler auf der Oberseite ist für die Geschwindigkeit,
der Waagerechte an der Stirnseite für die Lenkung (wird halt gewöhnungsbedürftiges Einhand-Fahren)

Unsere Elektronik-Cracks werden evtl. mit der Patentanmeldung etwas mehr rausfinden können...

Teppich FTW!

Nadelfilz #1623 Driver

Zuletzt bearbeitet von 08-15 am 23.11.2004, 22:13, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
raudi
Bitwoman

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 22:08    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Lovely, a BMW!

@08-15
Na, kaum als Mod angefangen und schon Arbeit
tagesdosis_dlt
RC-Enthusiast
RC-Enthusiast

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 22:08    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Quote:
Seeing as you clearly speak english

LOL stop kidding me

the TX looks really scary. let's hope for a better final version, because no mini-z rx-unit will fit this tiny chassis

td_dlt

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 22:10    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Quote:
Das einzige, was mir etwas komisch vorkommt, ist die FB...
Der Schieberegler auf der Oberseite ist für die Geschwindigkeit,
der Waagerechte an der Oberseite für die Lenkung (wird halt gewöhnungsbedürftig)

Unsere Elektronik-Cracks werden evtl. mit der Patentanmeldung etwas mehr rausfinden können...

Just used bable fish to translate what you said - you are correct
dude
RC-Fan
RC-Fan

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 22:19    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

That's really looking good! Yes, i'll want one of those, and i hope they catch on better than the ones that have been around and discontinued... The price sounds fair as well.

But the controller? Thats a drawback...
It would be great if that was compatible to any standard.
But i guess this kiddy transmitter is better for the Kiddies who dont own any real RC equipment, and dont want to buy an expensive Tx. Otherwise it wouldnt be possible to sell a RTR package for this price with a bette controller...

Quote:
Ken Scott from XAPP has said that in earlier prototypes they just used standard (trigger and wheel) TX's with their workings inside.

So we'll just wait til Sash does a "how to transform an LXX transmitter"
TeamBonzer

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 23:05    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

It is not a cost issue. It costs no more to put the workings in a standard TX.

They have designed the TX to give a "smooth" compact feel.

It will be good for new users of micro R/C but (i think) frustrating for people who want to race.

The TX should not distract you from the technology and innovation in the complete package. The TX can be changed at minimal cost. I think they are going for a "slick" overall package that appeals to the premium market.

Cheers

TB

TeamBonzer

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2004, 23:14    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Also, these cars will never work with a "standard TX" because they operate at a different frequency to all other micro cars I have tested (check out the patent link posted eariler). These things run at the 900 MHz frequency.

But as an earlier post said - it is (relatively) simple to swap the electronics in the Metl Tech TX with a more standard TX
Don Helmudo

BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2004, 11:21    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Looks like the Bit we´ve been waiting for

I´ll surly take one (or two, or three... Very Happy)

Edit

Visiting the manufacturers´ homepage I noticed that I did not visit it for the first time.
These bits have been shown about 9 month ago:

http://549.rapidforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=&startid=2#lp
@Team Bonzer: You wrote tested. You mean recently? Will You sell them in Your shop?

steelcut
RC-Enthusiast
RC-Enthusiast

BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2004, 11:26    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Quote:
They will be launched soon ....

When is "soon"? Do you have a release date by hand?

EDIT: or is this vapor ware, like the Nakamitchi Off Road Truck ..
gtx
steely

Zuletzt bearbeitet von steelcut am 24.11.2004, 11:30, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger
Richie
Admin
Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2004, 11:48    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Piss die Wand an, sind die geil. Her damit!
@Bonzer: Come on, give us a price estimate!

Don Helmudo

BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2004, 11:50    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Quote:

The only bad thing is the price ($60USD+)...

Wobei ich den Preis i.O. finde.

Wie gesagt, wurden im Februar schon mal von diets vorgestellt...
Richie
Admin
Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2004, 11:58    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Oh, sorry. Stimmt, Preis ist ja da. 60$ ist doch nix, geilo. Sind 50€, haben ich noch unlängst für digitale Cars mit 2Speed ausgegeben. Da muss sich Tomy aber mal anstrengen. Sind offenbar wie Real-X in proportional. Auch so gesehen ein reller Kurs.

Quite acceptable pricing. Are you able to provide us with cars this year?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Richie am 24.11.2004, 12:00, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name
haegar69
RC-Enthusiast
RC-Enthusiast

BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2004, 12:41    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Schönes Stück Technik. Sauber im Massstab, detailgetreu und fernlenkbar. Sehr sehr schön.
Ein anderer Schnack als die Spielzeug-RC Fahrzeuge aus dem Osten... (´tschuldigung)

I hope, there will be a few other bodys than a BMW. But if it is really 1/64 scale, there will be a lot of possibilities... (remember Schuco... )
Bit Char-G City Racer
Händler

BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2004, 17:01    Titel: Re: 1/64 Scale Proportional: Metl Tech Racers Antworten mit Zitat

Die sind echt cool.
Na das muss ich doch mal schauen ob ich die nicht auch bekommen kann.
Sven

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.rc-micro.de Foren-Übersicht -> Bits und Zubehör Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Weiter
Seite 1 von 11

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.